Chimichurri, an Argentinian sauce made with herbs, chillis and olive oil. Delicious as a dip for Empanadas or as a condiment on a Choripan.
Chimichurri is the perfect vegan dipping sauce for our Empanadas recipe. We have also used it as a sauce drizzled over roasted vegetables and as a condiment on a Choripan. A traditional Argentinian sandwich made with chorizo on a baguette with plenty of Chimichurri.
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 25 g parsley finely chopped
- 2 g dried oregano
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper seeds and pith removed and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 100 ml olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a container and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with empanadas or roasted vegetables.