Red Cabbage Salad with carrots and apple in a light lemon juice and parsley dressing. Perfect as a side salad.
This recipe makes quite a bit of salad depending on how big the red cabbage is. We served it with our Vegan Kotlet Schabowy and Dill Potatoes and it was wonderful with the celeriac cutlets.
Red Cabbage Salad
- ½ of a head of red cabbage finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 apple julienned
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- ½ small shallot finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Finely shred the cabbage and add to a bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt. With your hand, mix the cabbage with the salt and squeeze to soften the cabbage and release some liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, check for seasoning then serve.