Vegan Bagoong, a vegan version of the popular Filipino condiment. Made with mushrooms and fermented black beans for a rich umami taste.
A Filipino vegetable curry with a thick savoury peanut based sauce. Great served with rice and vegan bagoongCheck out this recipe
Vegan Tofu Sinigang – Filipino Sour Soup
A vegan take on the popular Filipino Sinigang sour soup with tofu and vegetables.Check out this recipe
a vegan version of the popular Filipino condiment. Made with mushrooms and fermented black beans for a rich umami taste.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms finely diced
- 1 medium brown onion finely diced
- 20 g ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 birdseye chilli minced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fermented black beans minced
- ½ teaspoon annatto paste
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot add the minced shiitake mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until they have released all their liquid and they are turning golden around the edges, around 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and continue to sauté until they are soft and translucent, around 6 minutes.
- Add the minced ginger, garlic and chilli. Continue to cook for a further minute.
- Dissolve the annatto paste in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of boiling water. Once dissolved add to the pan with the dark brown sugar and minced fermented black beans. Mix everything together and continue to cook until the mixture becomes thick, around 6 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.