Vegan Coronation Chickpeas, a delicious creamy sandwich filling that’s quick and easy to make and requires no cooking. Chickpeas and raisins in a curry-spiced mayo.
Vegan coronation chickpeas is a creamy and tasty sandwich filling with a wonderful texture and sweetness to it. Use coronation chickpeas for a sandwich filler, in a fluffy baked potato, or even as part of your favorite salad. This recipe can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. An easy go-to recipe, one which you will make time and time again.
Vegan Coronation Chicken Sandwich Filling
When making Vegan Coronation filling we usually use chickpeas. As an alternative, you can also use vegan chicken pieces. If using your Coronation Chickpeas as a sandwich filling, roughly crushing them will help them stay on your sandwich. Using as a baked potato filling or on a salad the chickpeas can be left whole if you prefer.
Vegan Coronation Chicken
- 1 tin chickpeas or 175g vegan chicken pieces
- 150 g vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons chives
- Pinch of chilli powder to taste
- 50 g raisins roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the tin of chickpeas then add to a large bowl. If using the vegan chicken pieces check the packet to see if they need cooked before eating. If being cooked, cool in the fridge before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well to evenly incorporate everything
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, we added a good pinch of salt. If using vegan chicken pieces you might not need to add salt so make sure to taste before adding any.
- You can also add more mayo or other ingredients to your preferences.
- When you are happy with the taste, roughly crush the chickpeas with the back of a fork.
- Thats your Vegan Coronation Chickpeas ready to use, we love using it as a sandwich or baked potato filling. Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days. Mix well before using.