A creamy Mustard and Dill Sauce that’s perfect for dipping roasted vegetables in, spreading on a sandwich or as a salad dressing.
I served this with my Hasselback Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables. This recipe shows how to make a main meal out of roasted vegetables that have a variety of textures. The vegetables are kept in large pieces that are perfect for dipping in this delicious Mustard and Dill Sauce.
Vegan Mustard and Dill Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove finely minced
- 125 ml white wine
- 250 ml vegan cooking cream
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the shallot with a pinch of salt. Saute until the shallot is soft, around 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer until almost fully cooked off, around 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard and vegan cream. Continue to cook until thickened to your desired consistency, around 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the fresh dill and 1 teaspoon of agave syrup, check for seasoning.