Corn Salsa, a quick and easy to make side salad to serve with a variety of Mexican dishes. Perfect with tacos or part of a Mexican inspired nourish bowl.
Vegan Carnitas Tacos
Quick and easy to make tacos made with king oyster mushrooms for the perfect meaty taste and texture. Coated in a smoky sauce and served in soft corn tortillas.Check out this recipe
Vegan Baja Tacos
Vegan fish tacos made with deep-fried portobello mushrooms in a crispy batter. These are delicious with white cabbage, pickled onions and chipotle mayo.Check out this recipe
A quick and easy to make side-salad to have with a variety of Mexican dishes. Perfect with tacos or part of a Mexican inspired nourish bowl.
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 green chilli seeds removed then diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper.
- Remove the husk from the cobs.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. The pan should be big enough to fit the corn in. If you don’t have a large enough pan, the cobs can be cut in half.
- Once the pan is hot, add the cobs and cook until the corn is lightly charred on all sides. Turning the cobs regularly.
- Once the corn is charred remove them from the pan and set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cool enough to handle cut the corn kernels off the cob by running a knife down each side.
- Add the corn kernels to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir to evenly distribute everything and set aside for at least 5 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Taste for seasoning before serving.