Nasi Uduk, Indonesian style rice cooked in coconut milk
Kering Tempeh. A vegan Indonesian dish of crispy fried tempeh in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce.
Urap Sayur. An Indonesian salad of cooked vegetables in a toasted coconut dressing.
Indonesian Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk)
Indonesian style rice cooked in coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup jasmine rice
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lemongrass bruised
- 1 bay leaf Indonesian if available
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place all ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Make sure to keep the pan covered.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit in the covered pan for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass, bay leaf and kaffir lime leaf and serve.